Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Now that the Ravens have signed Haloti Ngata to a five-year, $61 million deal, Joe Flacco and Ray Rice could be next. ... On Wednesday, Matt Birk, Terrence Cody and Cory Redding were the latest Ravens to sit out practice. ... Caught between the need to rest his ailing ankle and his desire to play, Lee Evans may err on the side of caution Sunday. ... Michael Oher vowed to eliminate false starts. ... David Reed hopes to avoid surgery. ... Those spoiling O's beat the Red Sox again. ... 1st Mariner Arena officials are optimistic that they can prevent the ice issues from the Baltimore Hockey Classic if the Capitals choose to return next year.
Hitting the links:
1. Sunday's game will be a big test for Cam Cameron, Joe Flacco and the Ravens offense [Baltimore Sun]
2. It's too early to hit the panic button [CSN Baltimore]
6. Inside Joe Flacco's wedding photo shoot [Sun Magazine]
7. Terrell Suggs chatted with Peter King [SI]
8. Haloti Ngata is a popular guy right now [USA Today]
9. Ricky Williams is getting acclimated to the team's new running scheme [Ravens Insider]
10. Vladimir Guerrero wants to play a few more years [Orioles Insider]
11. A short memory has served Cameron Chism well [Baltimore Sun]
12. What uniforms will the Terps wear on Saturday? [Turtle Droppings]
13. BYU is really missing Gary Crowton right now (not sure about LSU, though) [Salt Lake Tribune]
14. How does the new ACC affect the Terps? [Testudo Times]
15. Someone threw a crab on the ice at the Baltimore Hockey Classic [D.C. Sports Bog]
16. The Capitals lost to the Blue Jackets last night [CSN Baltimore]
Video of the morning:
I was hoping somebody would put video of the guy falling at Tuesday's game on YouTube [via D.C. Sports Bog]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.