Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Ravens' 13-6 loss to the Eagles in Thursday night's preseason opener will increase concerns that the team needs to add an experienced wide receiver, a proven right tackle and a backup quarterback. ... Tyrod Taylor has room for improvement after a rocky Ravens debut. ... Paul Kruger was one bright spot for the Ravens. ... The first five batters got hits against starter Chris Tillman, who allowed six runs in two-plus innings and was demoted after the Orioles' loss to the White Sox. ... Brian Matusz, who was demoted to Triple-A in June after a rough stretch in the majors, threw a shutout for Norfolk on Thursday.
Hitting the links:
1. Needless to say, Mike Preston was not impressed with the Ravens' performance against the Eagles [Baltimore Sun]
2. Don Banks also noticed some holes [SI]
3. Tyrod Taylor had his ups and downs [MASN]
4. The sloppy Ravens have some work to do, writes John Eisenberg [CSN Baltimore]
6. The good, the bad and the ugly from the preseason opener [Baltimore Sports & Life]
7. The good and the bad (but no ugly) from the loss [ESPN]
9. The Ravens took to Twitter to give their thoughts on the loss to the Eagles [Ravens.com]
11. Marshal Yanda had a pretty good offseason [Anamosa Journal-Eureka Online]
14. Would you promote Brian Matusz to replace Chris Tillman? [Orioles Insider]
17. Buy the bats, lease the arms? [Orioles Insider]
18. Previewing the upcoming ACC football season [SI]
19. And the Terps, a top-25 team according to Sports Illustrated, got a preseason primer, too [SI]
20. Randy Edsall is building a new culture at Maryland [Annapolis Capital]
Video of the morning:
I love Kanye West, but that won't stop me from posting this video of him taking a spill [via Hot Clicks]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.