Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
No Ravens showed up at the Castle after the lockout was lifted, but Derrick Mason says that will change this week. ... Ravens safety Tom Zbikowski is appealing a 45-day boxing suspension for failing a drug test after Saturday's victory in Thackerville, Okla. ... Zach Britton allowed one run and five hits in six innings as the Orioles got a much-needed 4-1 win over the Red Sox. ... Orioles manager Buck Showalter won't tip his hand when it comes to changing up his lineup.
Hitting the links:
1. Peter Schmuck: The Orioles need to get it into gear, and very soon [Baltimore Sun]
2. Finish this sentence: Zach Britton reminds me of... [Orioles Insider]
3. Zach Britton keeps on rolling [CSN Baltimore]
5. Here's one way to ruin a Nick Markakis jersey [Buzzfeed]
6. Thinking about the Duke and Irritable Bowel Syndrome [Camden Depot]
7. Pedigree could play a role in the Ravens' draft this week [Baltimore Sun]
8. Did any Ravens picks make this list of the biggest draft busts in recent NFL history? [USA Today]
11. You can bid for this creepy medieval-themed painting of the Capitals [eBay]
12. In Jason Arnott, the Capitals see someone who’s been where they want to go [Washington Post]
You said it:
"You know what? I hate A-Rod, but kudos to him on this one. Cal [gave] to him, and he's doing that for Manny Machado. I hope that continues, as (like it or not) A-Rod is one of the best in the game. This can only help Manny, and the O's in the long run." -- reader ChrisMatt was pleased to read that Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez is mentoring Orioles prospect Manny Machado
Video of the morning:
Not one, but two refs take a spill before this hockey game
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.