Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Orioles on Sunday went down meekly and quietly to the surging Indians in a 4-2 loss, their seventh straight. ... Orioles starting pitcher Brian Matusz appears to be several weeks away from making his 2011 debut. ... Former Ravens linebacker Bart Scott said coach John Harbaugh changed the team’s brash, fun-loving style. ... Alex Ovechkin's own goal cost the Capitals in Game 3 and let the Rangers back in their first-round playoff series.
Hitting the links:
2. The Orioles could be sellers at the trade deadline, and they have a lot of "attractive pieces" [ESPN]
3. Matt Wieters isn't a bust yet [Carroll County Times]
4. Asking big questions after the Orioles' seventh straight loss [The Loss Column]
5. The Orioles are strong up the middle [ESPN]
9. If it takes three of four years to judge an NFL draft, some Ravens grades are due [Baltimore Sun]
10. A quick look at the Capitals' history when jumping out to a 2-0 series lead [Capitals Insider]
You said it:
"Bieber fever, my butt. There's a new group out there, Jeremy - they're called 'The Beatles' and can sing and play a note or two. Give them a try and let us know what you think." -- reader Fanger thinks Jeremy Guthrie's love for the musical stylings of Justin Bieber is unacceptable
Video of the morning:
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.