Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Orioles blew a five-run lead to the Yankees last night and lost, 6-5, in 10 innings. ... Orioles manager Buck Showalter announced that Brad Bergesen will start Sunday against the Indians. ... Hall of Famer Brooks Robinson has been discharged from GBMC. ... Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis said he visits troubled Baltimore neighborhoods after every home game. ... One month after his Maryland basketball career ended, Cliff Tucker made his public debut on the football field for the Terps.
Hitting the links:
2. Breaking down Buck Showalter's late pitching decisions in the Orioles' loss [Orioles Insider]
4. Taking another look at the Chris Tillman debacle [Dempsey's Army]
5. Jason Parks talks about the Orioles' young starters [Orioles Nation]
6. Who is the current face of the Orioles franchise? [Delmarva Now]
7. The Ravens struggle mightily drafting receivers [ESPN]
11 Blocking shots was key in the Capitals' Game 1 win over the Rangers [Washington Post]
12. The Wizards don’t want you giggling at the prospect of two men kissing on their Kiss Cam [Deadspin]
You said it:
"Justin, you rock for being honest about this. I suffer from major depression too, and it's inspiring to see someone go on day to day and make it through." -- reader walkdontrideordrive supports Justin Duchscherer, who talked about his battle with depression in this week's Men's Journal
Video of the morning:
These talking babies do not like the Capitals' chances in this year's Stanley Cup Playoffs
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.