Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
An MRI taken Monday on Orioles shortstop J.J. Hardy revealed a left oblique strain. He will likely be sidelined for two to three weeks. ... Ravens offensive line coach Andy Moeller was sentenced to two years of probation after being found guilty of driving while impaired by alcohol. ... Maryland football coach Randy Edsall said C.J. Brown is pushing Danny O'Brien at quarterback. ... The Capitals on Monday announced plans for the Baltimore Hockey Classic, a preseason game at 1st Mariner Arena in September.
Hitting the links:
1. Matt Wieters' value comes in areas not easily tracked [Baltimore Sun]
2. Here are some Orioles observations on Zach Britton, Jake Fox and Manny Machado [Orioles Insider]
4. The Orioles get a breather [The Schmuck Stops Here]
5. Looking at the Orioles' center field depth in the minors [MASN]
6. The Orioles have shown early promise [CSN Baltimore]
8. Suggs is also staying busy by working with his production company [National Football Post]
13. Sizing up the New York Rangers, who the Capitals play in the first round [Capitals Insider]
You said it:
"I say no to Holmes. Too many issues. Besides, even if he signed with the Ravens, [Cam] Cameron would find a way to make him invisible, a non-factor." -- reader thegolfer thinks the Ravens should steer clear of Jets wide receiver Santonio Holmes if he hits free agency after the lockout
Video of the morning:
Check out Alex Ovechkin's new Capital One commercial. It's not too shabby.
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.