Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Vladimir Guerrero and Adam Jones homered last night as the Orioles topped the Tigers. ... Jeremy Guthrie is mentally preparing to pitch Sunday, but he'll leave the decision up to the Orioles. ... Brooks Robinson continues to recuperate from an infection that has hospitalized him for more than a week. ... Ray Lewis said he doesn't have a gut feeling on whether there will be a full 16-game NFL season this year. ... The Red Cross will offer refunds to disgruntled Ravens fans who want their donations back from the Japan emergency relief fund.
Hitting the links:
1. Buck Showalter has the Orioles playing into his hands [Fort Worth Star-Telegram]
2. There are plenty of mirages this season, but this is certain: Baltimore isn't for the birds [MLB.com]
3. The Buck effect [Orioles Post]
4. The Orioles are fifth in Sports Illustrated's power rankings [SI]
5. Can Camden Yards really be that special? [Orioles Nation]
6. Will the Ravens go offense or defense in the first round of the NFL draft? [Sporting News]
7. The Ravens worked out a player who reminds Mel Kiper of Terrell Suggs [Ravens Insider]
8. The Ravens are having contract issues [ESPN]
10. Debbie Yow let her feud with Gary Williams get under her skin [Winston-Salem Journal]
11. Scout Van Pelt, John Feinstein and Doug Gottlieb on Debbie Yow v. Gary Williams [D.C. Sports Bog]
12. It was a tale of two seasons for the Capitals [On Frozen Blog]
You said it:
"think it is rediculous that people say baltimore cannot be a hockey town. It makes no sense then to say there are a tun of baltimore fans who root for the capitals. If baltimore would never be a hockey town then why would they play a game here? Baltimore CAN support a hockey team!!!!!" -- reader Oriolebird88 responds to my post about a potential Capitals preseason game in Baltimore
Video of the morning:
Here's former Towson star Gary Neal getting dunked on by Tyreke Evans
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.