Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Orioles were jolted back to reality last night when a defensive miscue led to two early runs in a loss to the Tigers. ... Orioles reliever Alfredo Simon isn't out of his jam yet. ... Detroit slugger Victor Martinez said that picking the Tigers over the Orioles in the offseason was a "tough decision."
Hitting the links:
1. The Orioles aren't shocked by their fast start, even if most of baseball is [SI]
2. Manny Machado's trip through the Orioles' farm system could be a quick one [Baltimore Sun]
3. Should the Orioles have signed Victor Martinez? [Orioles Insider]
4. Brooks Robinson has received an avalanche of get-well wishes from baseball fans [Toy Department]
5. Well, the middle of the order knocked in some runs [MASN]
6. Can Jen Royle win over Birdland? [b free daily]
10. The Ravens know that trading up for a quarterback is risky business [ESPN]
11. Which of these quarterbacks would you draft? [Ravens.com]
12. Debbie Yow's spat with Gary Williams was years in the making [Toy Department]
13. Gregg Doyel’s comments on Gary Williams were unprofessional [Baltimore Sports and Life]
14. Kevin Cowherd writes that Yow v. Williams proves to be a quarrel with no end in sight [Baltimore Sun]
15. Deconstructing the Yow-Williams feud [CSN Baltimore]
You said it:
"Those are surely interesting stats, but I'm hoping this is mainly tongue-in-cheek." -- reader Mr Boh responds to my post about the AL East already being a three-team race (and yes, it was tongue-in-cheek)
Video of the morning:
This is crazy: a hockey player tomahawks another player over the head with his stick
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.