Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Debbie Yow said that Maryland coach Gary Williams tried to sabotage N.C. State's coaching search. ... Orioles starter Jeremy Guthrie, who has pneumonia, is tentatively scheduled to start Sunday's game against the Rangers. ... The Orioles saw significant increases over last season in the television ratings for their first four games. ... The Aberdeen IronBirds responded to disgruntled fans who didn’t receive autographs from top Ravens players Saturday. ... New coach Pat Skerry looks to lend his "incredible energy" to the Towson men's basketball program.
Hitting the links:
1. O's pitching coach Mark Connor couldn't say no to working with Buck Showalter's young staff [Baltimore Sun]
2. Is the Orioles' start fact or fiction? [ESPN]
3. The Orioles are Bucking a (long) Baltimore trend [ESPN]
5. Even slow starts after four games can foretell failure [USA Today]
6. Here's a look at Triple-A Norfolk's projected roster [Orioles Insider]
7. Life lessons for a baseball fan [Roar From 34]
8. Random thoughts on the Orioles' winning streak [Dempsey's Army]
9. What will it take for you to believe in the Orioles? [Camden Chat]
11. The Ravens need convincing before paying Joe Flacco like an elite QB [NFL.com]
12. The Ravens have their eyes on defensive linemen [Pro Football Talk]
14. Debbie Yow and Gary Williams: A brief history [Tracking the Terps]
You said it:
"I like the all-black unis in theory, but those pants are awful! Downright offensive. It looks like the team robbed a dance team of some stretch pants." -- longtime reader bigphilmd is not a fan of the Ravens' black-out look, which was selected as the top uniform in the NFL by NESN's Jeff Howe
Video of the morning:
Here's a new Orioles anthem from the band Warning Track Power [hat tip to Midnight Sun]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.