I spent last night in Frederick watching the Keys almost get no-hit and being complimented by popular Internet folks. So that’s why I missed the Orioles game last night, and if anyone else was having similar experience, they can be glad for the existence of the Coffee Companion, where every weekday, we recap the local sports headlines.
- Chris Davis doubled his season home run total with a three-bomb display in the Orioles 9-2 win in Pittsburgh. Davis was the last Oriole to achieve that feat, with three home runs on August 24, 2012 against Toronto.
- Peter Schmuck believes that for the rest of the Orioles to have breakouts like Davis did, they need to be more patient at the plate.
- In my weekly update on Triple-A Norfolk, I gave an update on some of the pitchers who could be helping the Orioles in the bullpen before long. In other bullpen news, Zach Britton is apparently good enough to pinch hit, but will not given his new back-end duties. And Dylan Bundy threw his first full simulated game Tuesday.
- First-round pick C.J. Mosley is catching on quickly with the Ravens.
- The 2018 Super Bowl will be in Minnesota, which is good for Minnesota and that's about it.
- Maryland named Cliff Warren, recently hired as director of basketball operations, to its coaching staff as an assistant coach.