Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Ravens and coach John Harbaugh agreed to a contract extension on Monday. ... When spring training opened Monday, Buck Showalter started to mold the Orioles into his team. ... Koji Uehara and Kevin Gregg are eager to compete with each other for the closer spot. ... Under Armor agreed to a deal with Major League Baseball (and Cam Newton?). ... The Capitals lost to the Coyotes.
Hitting the links:
1. Peter Schmuck: The new-look O's opened spring training with heightened expectations [Baltimore Sun]
2. How 'bout this for a concept: actual hope in Baltimore [ESPN]
3. Has the Orioles defense improved in 2011? [Camden Depot]
4. The road to the World Series is I-95 (not through Baltimore, though) [SI]
5. What Vlad has wrought: Part II [Dempsey's Army]
6. Baseball Prospectus thinks the Orioles will finish with a winning record [ESPN]
7. The Terps' date with the Hokies Tuesday has NCAA tournament implications [Baltimore Sun]
8. The road gets tougher for Jordan Williams [Terrapins Insider]
9. Ravens CB Domonique Foxworth compared the labor talks to "whack-a-mole" [Ravens Insider]
10. Mel Kiper helps the Ravens find heirs for Ray Lewis and Ed Reed [ESPN]
11. John Eisenberg: The Harbaugh extension is a sound move [CSN Baltimore]
12. Answering the biggest offseason question for every team in the AFC [SI]
13. When to fire the best* coach in hockey [Baltimore Sports Report]
14. Here are some rare and random pictures of Carmelo Anthony [SI]
You said it:
"I think he has one year to make it happen. If we can actually win games against teams like Indy and the [Steelers] next year this was a good signing. But if we continue to lose exasperating games like the division game this past year against the [Steelers] his time should be short." -- reader Fran in Baltimore thinks Ravens coach John Harbaugh has one year to live up to his new extension
You tell me:
Is Tiger Woods spitting on the golf course a big deal?
Video of the morning:
Real-life Mario Kart [hat tip to Hot Clicks]:
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.