Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Ravens have joined the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as the only teams in the NFL that are using iPads for playbooks. ... Safety Tom Zbikowski hasn't been cleared for contact yet. ... Joe Flacco doesn't think he is taking too many hits. ... An industry source says the Orioles are expected on Friday to ask the Los Angeles Dodgers for permission to interview assistant general manager De Jon Watson. ... The Texas Rangers rallied in the top of the ninth inning to beat the St. Louis Cardinals, 2-1, in Game 2 of the World Series.
Hitting the links:
1. The Ravens must protect Joe Flacco or their Super Bowl dreams might be carried off on a stretcher [Baltimore Sun]
2. Former Ravens safety Dawan Landry is getting comfortable with the Jacksonville Jaguars [Florida Times-Union]
3. Ray Lewis and Jacksonville coach Jack Del Rio share a bond From the Ravens' 2000 title [News 4 Jax]
4. The AFC North is all about the defenses [ESPN]
5. John Clayton says the Bengals and Browns are poised to threaten the Ravens and Steelers [ESPN]
6. Tedy Bruschi thinks the Ravens and the Patriots are on a collision course to meet in the playoffs [ESPN]
7. John Harbaugh had some fun with the Jacksonville media [MASN]
8. The Ravens have shut down some pretty good running backs this season [Ravens Insider]
9. Dan Connolly wants you to give him an outlandish prediction for the 2012 O's [Orioles Insider]
10. What will the Baltimore bullpen look like next season? [MASN]
11. Translating Yu Darvish's performance to MLB [Camden Depot]
12. Jeremy Guthrie is going to Taiwan -- and it's not for a Justin Bieber concert [CSN Baltimore]
13. Looking at Danny O'Brien's future at Maryland [Tracking the Terps]
14. Towson football isn't getting a lot of attention, but the Tigers have played well [Toy Department]
15. The Capitals beat the Flyers to keep their unbeaten start intact [Washington Post]
Video of the morning:
Why does everyone always have a 555 phone number in movies? [via Hot Clicks]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.