Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
There is no contract yet in hand, but Westminster wants the Ravens back in the nest for training camp. ... On Wednesday, the Orioles interviewed Toronto Blue Jays executive Tony LaCava for their top front office position. ... North Carolina is the favorite to win the Atlantic Coast Conference. The Maryland men were picked to finish ninth in the conference. ... The St. Louis Cardinals beat the Texas Rangers, 3-2, in Game 1 of the World Series.
Hitting the links:
1. Matt Birk won't brag about his toughness, but teammates know he makes the offensive line go [Baltimore Sun]
2. Mike Preston says Cam Cameron isn't to blame for the team's struggles in the red zone [Ravens Insider]
3. Ray Lewis is motivated by people telling him he is getting old and slow [Sports Radio Interviews]
4. The Ravens must win the AFC North [CSN Baltimore]
5. Ravens fans could run Joe Flacco out of town [B-more Birds' Nest]
6. Who is the No. 3 receiver? [Ravens.com]
7. Jerry Dipoto is the favorite for Andy MacPhail's old job -- here's why [Orioles Insider]
8. Should the Orioles wait for their Prince Fielder to come? [MASN]
9. Could Koji Uehara come back to Baltimore? [The Schmuck Stops Here]
10. Berend Weijs hopes to have a bigger role -- and a bigger body -- this season for the Terps [Tribune]
11. Navy's Chris Ferguson nearly died from a rare condition when he was a kid [Baltimore Sun]
12. Lake Clifton's Antoine Allen is playing hoops again after a musical interlude [Recruiting Report]
Video of the morning:
I'd be more impressed if this were "Domino Rally," but it's impressive nonetheless [via Big Lead]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.