Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Ravens scored the game's final 16 points to pull away from the Texans and post a 29-14 victory on Sunday. The Ravens defense slowed down the Texans with second-half adjustments and the offense benefited from big plays from Anquan Boldin and others. ... John Harbaugh's brother, Jim, got into an altercation with Jim Schwartz. ... Maryland coach Randy Edsall praised C.J. Brown. ... John Beck could start for the Redskins.
Hitting the links:
1. Mike Preston thinks Ray Rice is good [Baltimore Sun]
2. Mike Preston handed out some grades [Baltimore Sun]
3. Here are five things that KVV learned [Ravens Insider]
4. An ugly win over the Texans looks good [Baltimore Sun]
5. A Ravens cheerleader breaks down the win [Esquire]
6. The Ravens discovered their knockout blow [ESPN]
7. The Ravens held Arian Foster in check this time around [MASN]
8. Peter King thinks Jim Harbaugh's team is better than John's right now [SI]
9. Derrick Mason doesn't remember playing for the Jets [New York Post]
10. The same, old Texans aren't good enough this year [ESPN]
11. Was there ever a moment when you thought the Texans might win? [Houston Chronicle]
12. What question would you ask the Orioles' general manager candidates? [Orioles Insider]
13. The GM's top priority should be fixing the player-development operation [Baltimore Sun]
14. C.J. Brown was impressive against Clemson [CSN Washington]
15. The Terps offense looked better than it had all season [ESPN]
16. All aboard the C.J. Brown express [Testudo Times]
17. Alex Ovechkin posed for a photo with Mike Tyson [D.C. Sports Bog]
Video of the morning:
The Towson Tigers converted this miracle play to defeat Old Dominion over the weekend
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.