Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
John Harbaugh said Monday that the Ravens may sit Lee Evans and Domonique Foxworth until they are fully healthy. ... Harbaugh also revisited the decision to kick that fourth-quarter field goal in Sunday's loss to the Titans. ... Tuesday at 4 p.m. is the deadline for the Ravens to reach a long-term deal with Haloti Ngata. ... The Orioles beat the Red Sox, 6-5, in the first game of Monday's doubleheader before dropping a dreadful 18-9 shootout in which Brian Matusz didn't make it out of the second inning. ... Professional hockey returns to Baltimore on Tuesday night when the Capitals and Predators play in the inaugural Baltimore Hockey Classic.
Hitting the links:
1. The Ravens must make fixes in three areas [Baltimore Sun]
2. Jamison Hensley breaks down Sunday's loss [ESPN]
3. Mike Preston says the Ravens are where they should be right now, no matter how they got there [Baltimore Sun]
4. Ray Rice plays chess [Baltimore Sun]
5. Making sense of the AFC North [Shutdown Corner]
6. Brian Billick talks about John Harbaugh's decision to kick that field goal [FOX Sports]
7. Mark Reynolds is still dealing with the pain from getting beaned on Saturday [Baltimore Sun]
8. There's a new closer in town, though no one will say anything about it [Orioles Insider]
9. Brian Matusz: "It will come around, it will happen." [Orioles Insider]
10. Quick takes on each player on the Orioles' 40-man roster [Baltimore Sports and Life]
11. Bruce Boudreau hinted that some of his top players will play in Baltimore [Capitals Insider]
12. Just because a city likes hockey, it doesn't mean they need a team [Baltimore Sports Report]
Video of the morning:
Inspired by the Baltimore Hockey Classic, here's grainy video of an old Skipjacks brawl [via RMNB]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.