Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Ray Lewis and Ed Reed have not expressed a desire to retire. ... Lee Evans, who didn't have a catch in his Ravens debut Sunday, missed Wednesday's practice as he continues to be hobbled by a sore left ankle. ... Chris Carr saw a specialist in Texas this week to get another opinion on his injured hamstring. ... Jeremy Guthrie delivered one of his strongest performances of the year and the Orioles slammed three home runs in a 6-2 victory over the Rays on Wednesday night. ... Brian Matusz could pitch again this season.
Hitting the links:
1. Kevin Cowherd: The Ravens are ready to move on from the Steelers win -- if anyone will let them [Baltimore Sun]
2. The Ravens say there won't be a letdown Sunday [MASN]
3. Chris Johnson said the Ravens tried to hurt him in the playoffs three seasons ago [The Tennessean]
4. Chris McAlister is broke allegedly [TMZ]
5. The Ravens are putting an emphasis on sacking the quarterback [Baltimore Sun]
6. Bernard Pollard has some parting shots for Hines Ward [Ravens Insider]
7. Warren Sapp on the Steelers after the Ravens' win: They're "old, slow and it's over" [Pro Football Talk]
8. Here are five things that Kevin Van Valkenburg learned about the NFL in Week 1 [Ravens Insider]
9. Now at ESPN.com, Jamison Hensley has a morning post centered around coffee [ESPN]
10. Matt Wieters was stoked about hitting his 20th home run [Orioles Insider]
11. It was truly a great night for Jeremy Guthrie [Camden Chat]
12. A blog post about the Orioles' "Moneyball" players, sponsored by the movie "Moneyball" [Camden Chat]
13. The Orioles announced their 2012 schedule [Orioles Insider]
14. The Terps are going with the all-black look against West Virginia [Testudo Times]
Video of the morning:
Here's your crazy juggling video of the day [via Hot Clicks]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.