Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Tyrod Taylor left the first quarter with a bruise on his left shoulder and didn't return in the Ravens' 21-7 victory over the Falcons on Thursday night. ... The Ravens decided to take the cautious route by sitting their starting offensive line for the preseason finale. ... Anquan Boldin is OK. ... IndyCar drivers found a number of flaws during their first up-close-and-personal look at the course for this weekend's inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix. ... The Orioles lost to the Blue Jays (one more loss and this will officially be another losing season). ... The Orioles made some roster moves. ... Jeremy Guthrie will continue to wear No. 46.
Hitting the links:
1. So what did KVV learn against the Falcons? [Ravens Insider]
2. Mike Preston thinks the Ravens should have played the starting offensive line on Thursday night [Ravens Insider]
3. Roster bubble boys have to sit back and wait [CSN Baltimore]
4. The Harbaugh's sibling rivalry hits the NFL [AP]
5. Pete Prisco makes his 2011 Ravens prediction [CBS Sports]
6. What to do with the backup quarterback job? [MASN]
7. Who are the "bizarro" Ravens of the AFC? [Baltimore Sports Report]
8. Thankfully, the preseason is over [The Loss Column]
9. The Orioles have reverted to their losing ways [ESPN]
10. The Orioles are stuck in a familiar late-season rut [CBS Sports]
11. Michael Gonzalez isn't just "any left-hander" [Dallas Morning News]
12. Mark Teixeira understands why the Rangers traded for Gonzo [ESPN]
13. Are the Orioles better now than they were four years ago? [PressBox]
14. Entering the 2011 season, everything is new for the Maryland football team [Baltimore Sun]
15. A timeline of Alex Ovechkin's summer [Russian Machine Never Breaks]
16. Ovie signed an endorsement deal with Nike [Capitals Insider]
Video of the morning:
Speaking of Ovechkin, he danced in a Russian rap video, which you'll want to see [via Sportress of Blogitude]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.