Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Ravens made some moves on the offensive line this weekend. ... John Harbaugh also confirmed that moving forward, Oniel Cousins, a converted offensive tackle, will remain at guard. ... The Ravens got a little healthier Sunday with the return of Ray Lewis, Marshal Yanda and Chris Carr. ... Brian Matusz had a rocky start, but the Orioles failed in every facet of the game in Sunday's 7-1 loss to Angels. ... Manager Buck Showalter gave Matt Wieters his first big-league start at first base, and it was an uneventful outing.
Hitting the links:
1. Entering his 16th season, the key to Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis' longevity is hard work [Baltimore Sun]
2. We learned Friday that the Ravens are better this season at cornerback -- perhaps much better [Baltimore Sun]
3. Mike Preston thinks John Harbaugh did the right thing in the closing seconds of Friday's win [Ravens Insider]
4. So does ESPN's Bill Williamson [ESPN]
5. Cary Williams is trying to complete his journey from the middle of nowhere to the starting lineup [MASN]
6. Vonta Leach is exactly the type of fullback the Ravens needed [Baltimore Sun]
7. New faces have the Ravens breathing easier [Baltimore Sun]
8. Lee Evans adds a new dimension to the Ravens offense [NFL.com]
9. Checking in from Ravens camp [ESPN]
10. David Reed overcame a rough start Friday against the Chiefs [CBS Sports]
11. What will happen to president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail at season's end? [Orioles Insider]
12. A comic strip look at Felix Pie's recent misadventure in left field [Baltimore Sports Report]
13. Peter Schmuck thinks he'll win the Powerball before the O's reach the playoffs [The Schmuck Stops Here]
14. Mark Reynolds is making a run at a pair of Orioles records -- one good and one bad [Orioles Insider]
15. Basic goals for the rest of the Orioles season [Baltimore Sports and Life]
16. Despite what The Hockey News has predicted, the Capitals will not win the Cup this year [On Frozen Blog]
Video of the morning:
Here's some entertainment/inspiration for your Monday morning [via Hot Clicks]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.