Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The celebration of the NFL's four-month lockout ending turned into disbelief Monday when the Ravens cut four players, including their top two receivers of all time. Veterans Derrick Mason, Todd Heap, Willis McGahee and Kelly Gregg were informed by the Ravens that they will be released from their contracts. ... The Ravens players who survived the roster cuts are ready to get back on the field Wednesday. ... Brooks Robinson is getting a statue. ... The second phase of building the Baltimore Grand Prix race course has begun. ... Ryan Lochte beat Michael Phelps in the 200-meter freestyle at the world championships early Tuesday morning.
Hitting the links:
1. The rallying cry for Domonique Foxworth focused on football's health and safety issues [Baltimore Sun]
2. Kevin Cowherd said fans suffered most in the NFL's long, greedy battle [Baltimore Sun]
3. If the Ravens don't re-sign Derrick Mason, here are the top 10 unrestricted free-agent wide receivers [Ravens Insider]
4. Mike Preston says the Ravens' top offseason priority is protecting Joe Flacco and Ray Rice [Baltimore Sun]
5. Dawan Landry wants to stay here [Ravens Insider]
6. An AFC North free agency breakdown [ESPN]
7. Kevin Van Valkenburg did an epic chat [Ravens Insider]
8. Ben Roethlisberger's wedding photos [WPXI]
9. Football returns and shuffles the Orioles off [Loss Column]
10. The Orioles lack quality trade chips [Baltimore Sun]
11. Looking at the MLB trade market [SI]
12. More trade thoughts [Orioles Insider]
13. Luke Scott is getting surgery [Orioles Insider]
14. Randy Edsall is running the Maryland football program his way [Baltimore Sun]
15. The Terps get no love in the ACC [Testudo Times]
16. Steve Francis comes home [The Gazette]
You said it:
"AWESOME! See you in Westminster! Oh wait, nevermind." -- reader PSURavens is excited for the end of the NFL lockout
Video of the morning:
Stunned by the news that Todd Heap would be released, a fan made a Todd Heap tribute video and put it on YouTube. The description for the video is great: "The Ravens might have let you go but I won't. It's not fantasy football season until you're on the squad, listed as Questionable. Don't let the streak end."
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.