Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Jake Arrieta turned in his first quality start in more than a month Wednesday, but the Orioles were held to two hits in a 4-0 loss to the Red Sox. ... The Orioles are playing the waiting game with their unsigned draft picks, but they have had talks with Dylan Bundy. ... Ravens safety Ed Reed declared himself "full go" for training camp Wednesday, but he hopes the Ravens will "be smart" with his reps this summer. Reed also clarified last month's comments about wanting Rex Ryan as coach over John Harbaugh. ... Maryland President Wallace D. Loh has created a committee to examine the athletic department's finances after recent financial losses.
Hitting the links:
1. Kevin Cowherd: The Orioles are still falling short versus the big boys in the American League East [Baltimore Sun]
2. Jake Arrieta makes a quality start -- and an organization exhales [Orioles Insider]
3. Addition by subtraction for the O's offense? [Orioles Buzz]
4. Jeremy Guthrie is pitching for his life [CSN Baltimore]
5. Are you rooting for the Pittsburgh Pirates? [Orioles Insider]
6. Baseball continues to see fewer black players and fans [Fort Worth Star-Telegram]
7. Is it really "all about winning?" [The Loss Column]
8. Ray Rice wants to stay in Baltimore [Ravens Insider]
9. Here's a trailer for Terrell Suggs' new movie [TMZ]
10. Jarret Johnson is elite [B-more Birds' Nest]
11. Chris Carr wants a "big role" if the Ravens want him to return as a free agent [Ravens Insider]
12. Peter King said there is more demand for Marc Bulger than Donovan McNabb [D.C. Sports Bog]
13. Former Western Tech linebacker Chris Mason-Hale takes his first steps since a paralyzing spinal cord injury [Baltimore Sun]
You said it:
"Not as bad as when Tejada said in Sports Illustrated a few years back that the Cheescake Factory had the best crabcake in Baltimore." -- reader Matthew22 kind of defends Felix Pie for picking Fogo de Chao as the thing he loves about Baltimore
Video of the morning:
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.