Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Orioles allowed six home runs Thursday night in a 10-4 loss to the Red Sox. It was their ninth loss in their past 10 games, and afterwards, Orioles manager Buck Showalter closed the clubhouse and challenged his players to increase their effort and execution. ... The agent for Marshal Yanda said the offensive lineman would be open to staying with the Ravens, saying Thursday that Baltimore is "not a place you rush to leave." ... It appears Alfredo Simon will start Saturday's game against the Red Sox followed by Mitch Atkins on Sunday.
Hitting the links:
1. Former Baltimore Colts tight end John Mackey leaves an enduring legacy on and off the football field [Baltimore Sun]
2. Another Colts player in a No. 88 jersey is more injustice for Mackey [Baltimore Sun]
3. Kevin Van Valkenburg: John Mackey's final years and his clouded memories [Toy Department]
4. A legend passes [Artie Donovan's Workout Partner]
5. Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti and general manager Ozzie Newsome on the passing of Mackey [Ravens Insider]
6. Will the Ravens be aggressive in free agency? [
7. Jamison Hensley picked his offensive line, headlined by Jonathan Ogden, for his All-Ravens team [Ravens Insider]
8. Jamison also did a live chat [Ravens Insider]
9. Is Jake Arrieta the O's latest concern? [Orioles Insider]
10. Talking about Rick Adair and accountability [MASN]
11. Shortstop J.J. Hardy is putting other Baltimore "sluggers" to shame [
12. The importance of Alexander Semin [Capitals Insider]
13. Should Semin stay or should he go? [On Frozen Blog]
You said it:
"Ngata breaking Ben's nose. I will pay the fine myself to see that one again." -- reader lrugby7 said the greatest moment in Ravens history was Haloti Ngata breaking Big Ben's nose in 2010
Video of the morning:
People seem to like these DJ Steve Porter remixes, so here you go
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.