Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Brian Roberts still isn't ready to give a timetable for his return, but the Orioles second baseman feels he is making legitimate progress for the first time since starting to experience concussion symptoms May 16. ... Orioles starter Chris Jakubauskas faces a rematch with Lance Berkman, the hitter who put him in the hospital with a hard line drive to the head. Jakubauskas will start Wednesday against the Cardinals. Zach Britton pitches the opener Tuesday, and Brian Matusz is listed as Thursday's starter. ... Former Orioles manager Davey Johnson lost his Nationals debut Monday. ... The Capitals hope Troy Brouwer will provide some leadership.
Hitting the links:
1. John Eisenberg: The Orioles need Buck Showalter more than they need Davey Johnson [CSN Baltimore]
2. Checking in on Mark Reynolds [Eutaw Street Hooligans]
3. J.J. Hardy and Mark Reynolds were baseball's best shortstop-third baseman combo in June [Beyond the Box Score]
4. The Orioles need better promotions [Camden Chat]
5. What are the Orioles doing with Nolan Reimold? [Orioles Insider]
6. How much does the O's brass use sabermetrics? [MASN]
7. Domonique Foxworth hits the right notes [Ravens Insider]
8. Rookie coach-quarterback combos have worked out recently -- just ask Joe Flacco and John Harbaugh [Sporting News]
9. Who are the top five quarterbacks under 30? Should Flacco be one of them? [Baltimore Beat Down]
10. Man, here's what Le'Ron McClain has been up to during the NFL lockout, man [ESPN]
11. Donte' Stallworth worked out with Terrelle Pryor and came away impressed [National Football Post]
12. Here's some list ranking the top athletes in Baltimore or Washington [Baltimore Sports Report]
13. Ted Leonsis says the Capitals will be active this offseason after another postseason flop [Capitals Insider]
You said it:
"Looks like T-Sizzle is on track to becoming the next Terry Tate, Office Linebacker." -- reader d46ron1337 responds to Terrell Suggs laying out a heckler on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" last week
Video of the morning:
I'm not a big UFC fan, but this comeback over the weekend was insane
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.