Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Orioles homered three times in Sunday's 7-5 win over the Reds and finished with nine in the three-game series. ... Orioles manager Buck Showalter said Brian Matusz needs to figure out how to pitch with the stuff he's got because his velocity might not come back this year. ... Jake Arrieta said he threw about 40 pitches in a bullpen session and felt good, but he still expects to skip his Wednesday start. ... After hitting two home runs over the weekend, Derrek Lee is hoping he has finally found the right rhythm with his swing. ... Football readiness was a big factor in the Ravens' decision to not hold training camp at McDaniel College this summer.
Hitting the links:
1. Peter Schmuck: Davey Johnson taking over the Nationals will probably evoke some mixed emotions [Baltimore Sun]
2. A Twitterview with Adam Jones [ESPN]
3. Buck Showalter wants Matusz in the majors [Orioles Insider]
4. Check out Buck's bobblehead [WBAL]
5. Putting Mark Reynolds' fielding into perspective [Camden Depot]
6. Reynolds is meeting expectations [Baltimore Sports Report]
7. Who should be the Orioles' All-Star? [Orioles Insider]
8. Bluefield makes the transition from the Orioles to the Blue Jays [Washington Post]
9. With Peter King on vacation, Domonique Foxworth is a guest "Monday Morning Quarterback" [SI]
10. The Ravens believe former fat kid Jah Reid will be their next right tackle [Baltimore Sun]
11. Terrell Suggs is one of the NFL's best tacklers [Football Outsiders]
12. Breaking down the Ravens safeties [ESPN]
13. You can eat dinner with Joe Flacco [Baltimore Beat Down]
14. Cliff Tucker is playing football at UTEP [El Paso Times]
15. Alex Ovechkin has Vladimir Putin's phone number [Russian Machine Never Breaks]
You said it:
"As great as Stover was, I can't put a kicker in the top 5. I'd give his spot to Jamal Lewis." -- reader kmoney517 makes a slight alteration to this list of the five greatest players in Ravens history
Video of the morning:
It's wedding season, so enjoy this video of a groomsman falling down the stairs
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.