Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Westminster became one of the early casualties of the NFL lockout Wednesday when the Ravens canceled this year's training camp at McDaniel College. ... With Blake Davis' decisive error in the fifth inning Wednesday, the Orioles had their defining play on a disappointing road trip and an easy scapegoat in their 5-4 loss to the Pirates. ... Jake Arrieta's next start will be pushed back four days as he deals with inflammation in his right elbow. ... Reliever Jeremy Accardo has cleared waivers and accepted his assignment to Triple-A Norfolk. ... Maryland will play two more football games at M&T Bank Stadium, against West Virginia in 2013 and Virginia Tech in 2014. ... Baltimore native Josh Selby is focused on becoming a steal in the NBA draft.
Hitting the links:
1. The neverending search for the truth about Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco [Toy Department]
2. Five tips to battle Flacco bashers [Ravens.com]
3. Derrick Mason thinks Flacco is like the Ravens' version of Michael Jordan [Pro Football Talk]
4. Ravens safety Ed Reed relied on his family and teammates when tragedy struck [Times Picayune]
5. What are the owners really saying during the NFL lockout? [Ravens Gab]
6. Terrell Suggs wants a rookie wage scale [NFL.com]
7. Which Orioles pitchers could be shopped? [SI]
8. The reality of the situation with Jeremy Guthrie [Orioles Post]
9. Manny Machado is on the rise [USA Today]
10. One of the most concerning things for the Orioles has to be the uneven production coming from their prospects in the upper level of the minor leagues [Orioles Insider]
You said it:
"Williams will go in the 2nd round to Memphis, who hope to get a Vasquez-type role player. However, after a weak stint in the summer league and camp he will be shipped to the D-league, probably in Idaho. Spending the next 2 years playing for 500-person crowds, which occasionally spike to 1,000 during 'potato giveaway night'" -- reader View from the 500 Level looks into Jordan Williams' crystal ball, and he didn't stop there
Video of the morning:
Les Miles is funny [via Hot Clicks]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.