Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Maryland said Thursday that it expects men's lacrosse coach John Tillman -- who had attracted interest from Navy -- to remain in College Park. ... Three days after powering Virginia to the NCAA championship, Steele Stanwick, a Baltimore native, took home the Tewaaraton Award. ... The Orioles are looking to add to their stable of young arms in next week's draft. ... Action sports wild man Travis Pastrana, who hails from Davidsonville, is bringing Nitro Circus Live to Las Vegas. ... Animal Kingdom, the horse that won the Kentucky Derby and took second place in the Preakness, is headed to the Belmont Stakes early.
Hitting the links:
1. The Orioles are "snakebitten" [SI]
2. Are they interested in Prince Fielder? [CBS Sports]
3. Slumping right fielder turned first baseman Nick Markakis makes Joe Sheehan's "All-Disappointment Team" [SI]
4. The obligatory Nolan Reimold post [Dempsey's Army]
5. Who is the Orioles' All-Star pick? [CSN Baltimore]
6. Will Buck Showalter have input in the draft? [MASN]
7. Talking Orioles with Steve Gould [Shameless Self-Promotion]
8. Kevin Cowherd misses the NFL [Baltimore Sun]
9. Ray Rice is making an impact away from football during the lockout [Ravens Insider]
10. The Ravens like playing first-rounders right away [Ravens.com]
11. The Capitals acquired some Swedish guy [Capitals Insider]
12. Do the Capitals need a new captain? [Puck Buddies]
You said it:
"'Overall, it’s hard to be pretty critical of this team.' He's clearly not from Baltimore..." -- reader
, responding to
, cleverly points out our tendency to be critical of a pretty damn good football organization
Video of the morning:
Loyal reader Dave Werkmeister passed along this YouTube video of a kid's pep talk and suggested that Buck Showalter should use it to fire up the Orioles. I don't know if it will help them to win games, but it will certainly inspire them to learn how to ride bicycles
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.