Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The streaking Orioles scored eight runs in the fourth inning Wednesday night to coast to a 9-2 win over the Royals. ... Craig Tatum will be promoted to start behind the plate in Thursday afternoon's series finale against the Royals. ... Former Ravens kicker Matt Stover will announce his retirement from the NFL on Thursday.
Hitting the links:
1. Jeremy Guthrie talks about boy bands [SI]
2. The Orioles will probably hang on to Jeremy Guthrie [ESPN]
3. Adam Jones is unstoppable right now [Orioles Insider]
4. Jones and Matt Wieters have been Baltimore's two best players this season [Orioles Insider]
5. Deconstructing Mark Reynolds [Baltimore Sports Report]
6. His future is uncertain, but Zach Britton's present is certainly enjoyable [Orioles Buzz]
7. Matt Wieters is no Buster, but he's not a bust [Delmarva Now]
8. Orioles pets are ready for their closeups [Unleashed]
9. Kevin Cowherd: Matt Stover stands toe-to-toe with the greatest Ravens of all time [Baltimore Sun]
10. Three was a magic number for Stover [PressBox]
11. The Ravens current kickers are on track [Ravens Insider]
12. Ray Lewis' narrow-mindedness is exactly what players don't need during the lockout [Pro Football Weekly]
13. Life in the lockout is like "Groundhog Day" [CSN Baltimore]
14. Tom Zbikowski thinks boxing "is a very addictive drug" [ESPN]
You said it:
"Like Sgt. Hulka, Stover was the Ravens' 'big toe'..." -- reader BaltoJim reflects on Matt Stover's retirement from the NFL
Video of the morning:
Here's an ode to Matt Stover that a local radio station put out back in the day:
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.