Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Chris Tillman pitched six effective innings and Adam Jones had a career-high-tying four hits as the Orioles beat the Mariners, 4-2, on Wednesday night. ... Hitless in his past 14 at-bats, Mark Reynolds was held out of the starting lineup for the first time this season. ... Alfredo Simon made his second start for Double-A Bowie. ... New Terps basketball coach Mark Turgeon wants to "do some great things" at Maryland. ... Rex Ryan says the Ravens choosing John Harbaugh over him is "a major chip" on his shoulder. ... Pimlico owners may discuss moving the Preakness to Sunday in the future.
Hitting the links:
1. Kevin Cowherd: A funny thing happened on Mark Turgeon's way to Maryland [Baltimore Sun]
2. Turgeon is scrambling to keep Gary Williams' recruits [Tracking the Terps]
3. A lack of "chemistry" doomed Maryland's deal with Sean Miller [Baltimore Sun]
4. Why are teams reluctant to shift against righthanded batters such as Vladimir Guerrero? [SI]
5. How good was the Erik Bedard trade? [Orioles Insider]
6. A look at Adam Jones' numbers in different lineup spots [Baltimore Sports Report]
7. Tyrod Taylor is reaching out to Joe Flacco [Ravens.com]
8. What was the Ravens' defining moment? [ESPN]
9. The Capitals must trade Mike Green [Hockey News]
10. Is it time for the Capitals to pick a goalie? [Peerless Prognosticator]
You said it:
"As an owner of 85 in a fantasy football league, I suggest he try getting open and catching a pass (except when he plays the Ravens, of course)." -- reader cityoftinylights has a suggestion for Chad Ochocinco's next stunt after he tries professional bull riding
Video of the morning:
Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo again talks about his support of same-sex marriage
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.