Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
With the help of a pair of home runs from catcher Jake Fox, the Orioles smacked around the Pirates, 13-3, on Thursday. Matt Wieters went 4-for-5 in the win. ... Coach Fang Mitchell rejected an offer to remain at Coppin State, saying the contract was "unacceptable." ... It was a wild start to the Round of 64.
Hitting the links:
1. Despite a strong finish in 2010, the Orioles still look outmanned in the AL East [SI]
2. New Orioles hitting coach Jim Presley is not all that different from old coach Terry Crowley [Baltimore Sun]
3. Is J.J. Hardy a sign of progress? [CSN Baltimore]
4. Who will the Orioles players be following in the Big Dance? [Roar From 34]
5. When Derrek Lee, Brian Roberts, and Koji Uehara miss time... [Loss Column]
6. Buck Showalter wants to see Jake Fox get better behind the plate to secure a roster spot [Orioles Insider]
7. Spring training updates from Week 3 [Dempsey's Army]
8. MLB Network talks about the Orioles [MASN]
9. Ten players to follow for the Orioles' 2011 MLB draft [Camden Depot]
10. Kyle Boller was not a bust [CSN Baltimore]
11. Will the Ravens draft Temple defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson? [Ravens Insider]
12. The Terps landed Montrose Christian junior Justin Anderson [Recruiting Report]
You said it:
"Although Dilfer should have been given the chance to lead the team as a QB, the hiring if Grbac was an upgrade. What hurt was Jamal Lewis going down with a knee injury and no real running back to take his place. But looking back 10 years later it definitely remains the biggest Raven bust next to signing of Kyle Boller.That was the biggest bust of all time for the Ravens. Wasting 3 yrs to determine he will never be a QB of the future. That's a bust to the fans." -- reader
Video of the morning:
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.