Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Maryland didn't receive an NIT bid, meaning the Terps won't appear in a postseason game for the first time since 1993. ... The Tigers rocked Brian Matusz and the Orioles' bullpen Sunday, pounding out 17 hits en route to a 9-1 victory. ... Hip soreness casts Orioles pitcher Justin Duchscherer's regular-season readiness into further doubt. ... The NFL lockout could send economic and emotional ripples throughout the area, from Ravens players to fans to business owners.
Hitting the links:
1. Luke Scott says he won't talk politics because it becomes a distraction to the Orioles [Baltimore Sun]
2. Jayson Stark says a positive vibe is clearly surrounding the Orioles [ESPN]
3. Jake Fox has to make an impression behind the plate to win the backup catcher job [Baltimore Sun]
4. Life in a post-Roberts future [Loss Column]
5. Can Zach Britton makes the Orioles now? [MASN]
6. Matt Wieters should not be written off [ESPN]
7. For Buck Showalter's Orioles, Wieters is a work in progress [Washington Post]
8. What a relief! The Orioles bullpen looks strong [CSN Baltimore]
9. The Ravens are looking at second-round offensive tackle prospects [Ravens Insider]
10. Tom Zbikowski, who is now 2-0 as pro boxer, plans to fight later this month in Atlantic City [Tribune]
11. Jeff Barker's take on Maryland's NIT snub [Tracking the Terps]
12. The Terps have hit rock bottom [Testudo Times]
You said it:
"Gary needs to join the unemployment line with the Fridge." -- reader agherndon is dismayed after the Terps failed to make the NIT tournament
Video of the morning:
Here's video of Kyle Boller in high school
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.