Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Vladimir Guerrero passed his physical Thursday and finalized his deal with the Orioles. To make room for Vlad, the Orioles put Alfredo Simon on the restricted list. ... The Maryland women picked up a big win over Duke. ... Tamir Goodman -- aka the "Jewish Jordan" -- was back in Baltimore on Thursday conducting a basketball clinic.
Hitting the links:
1. Peter Schmuck: Matt Wieters is looking to live up to his promise this season [Baltimore Sun]
2. For all their recent maneuverings, the O's may still be the worst team in the AL East [FOX Sports]
3. Rob Neyer thinks the Orioles are "primed for a big improvement" [SB Nation]
4. John Eisenberg thinks the Orioles should give Koji Uehara the ball [CSN Baltimore]
5. Jake Arrieta's increased focus, maturity has been on display during spring training [Baltimore Sun]
6. Great moments in Orioles facial hair history [Roar from 34]
7. The competition should be fierce for the Orioles' final bench spot [Baltimore Sun]
8. Optimistic Orioles are prepping for Camp Buck [Press Box]
9. NFL Network's Mike Mayock thinks Torrey Smith fits the Ravens' need at WR [Ravens Insider]
10. Could one of these guys eventually replace Ray Lewis? [Ravens.com]
11. Maryland men's lacrosse coach John Tillman has worked his way to the top [Baltimore Sun]
12. What are the best-case and worst-case scenarios for Maryland football next season? [Washington Post]
You said it:
"We don't need Plaxico Burress and the trouble that he would bring to the locker room. Plus, he's past his prime. All we need is an OC who can figure out how to use the amazing talent we already have at wide receiver." -- reader RavenFan67 doesn't think the Ravens should go after Plaxico Burress
You tell me:
If you had a pet gazelle, which Ravens player would you name it after?
Video of the morning:
So this Kemba Walker kid is pretty good, huh?
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.