Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Orioles president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail said on Thursday that the A-Rod deal with Texas was the worst in baseball history. ... The Orioles agreed to a one-year deal with controversial slugger Luke Scott, meaning starter Jeremy Guthrie is the team's lone remaining arbitration-eligible player. ... Maryland has offered its defensive coordinator job to Randy Shannon, and the former Miami head coach has indicated he wants the gig. ... The Ravens have re-signed fullback Jason McKie.
Hitting the links:
1. Buster Olney thinks the Orioles are the most intriguing team in the AL East [ESPN]
2. Should any current Orioles player get a long-term deal? [Orioles Insider]
3. Nick Markakis is the best player on the Orioles [FOX Sports]
4. Should the Orioles pursue Francisco Liriano? [Baltimore Sports and Life]
5. Here's an Orioles Q&A with Rob Neyer [Camden Chat]
6. Looking at darkhorse candidates for the Orioles roster [Orioles Insider]
7. Mike Preston: Michael Oher is the key to upgrading the Ravens' offensive line [Baltimore Sun]
8. David Reed is determined to move past his injuries [Ravens.com]
9. John Eisenberg is waiting for Joe Flacco [CSN Baltimore]
10. Was Ravens safety Ed Reed under-appreciated by NFL voters? [Ravens Insider]
11. The Capitals are reinforcing their need to go to the net [Capitals Insider]
12. Chris Korman tackles the issue of Mark Buehrle wishing Michael Vick got hurt [Toy Department]
You said it:
" There isn't a better fullback option out there. I like the idea of McClain and Rice as a two headed monster with McClain getting more goal line carries. It's hard to argue with the success Willis has had and I would be comfortable with him as the feature back if it came to that but you can't afford to keep all three and I agree that McClain would want and should have more carries." -- reader Kenny Stewart thinks the Ravens should keep Le'Ron McClain over Willis McGahee if they are forced to choose
You tell me:
What's your take on Mark Buehrle's comments about Michael Vick?
Video of the morning:
Terps fans will enjoy this video of Randy Foye breaking JJ Redick's ankles
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.