I spent last night in Frederick watching the Keys almost get no-hit and being complimented by popular Internet folks. So that's why I missed the Orioles game last night, and if anyone else was having similar experience, they can be glad for the existence of the Coffee Companion, where every weekday, we recap the local sports headlines.
- Peter Schmuck believes that for the rest of the Orioles to have breakouts like Davis did, they need to be more patient at the plate.
- In my weekly update on Triple-A Norfolk, I gave an update on some of the pitchers who could be helping the Orioles in the bullpen before long. In other bullpen news, Zach Britton is apparently good enough to pinch hit, but will not given his new back-end duties. And Dylan Bundy threw his first full simulated game Tuesday.
- First-round pick C.J. Mosley is catching on quickly with the Ravens.
- The 2018 Super Bowl will be in Minnesota, which is good for Minnesota and that's about it.
- Maryland named Cliff Warren, recently hired as director of basketball operations, to its coaching staff as an assistant coach.
- Lebron James and Dwyane Wade combined for the Heat's last 20 points as they rallied for a 98-94 win to even their series with the Pacers.
- Big-league veteran Miguel Olivo went Mike Tyson on his teammate, Dodgers prospect Alexander Guererro, in the dugout during their Triple-A game yesterday afternoon. Seriously.