Four Ravens were placed on the NFL’s reserve/COVID-19 list Friday, leaving the defense short-handed for Sunday’s game against the Detroit Lions.
Cedric Mullins hit his 30th home run Friday night, a three-run blast off Texas Rangers starter Spencer Howard, making him the first player in Orioles history with a 30-30 season.
Johnny Brooks, The Sun’s All-Metro Football Coach of the Year in 2011, was beloved by his former football and basketball players for his creativity, care and compassion.
Archbishop Spalding overcomes Gonzaga in overtime, 20-13, to record its first ever win against the Eagles in program history on Friday, Sept. 24, 2021.
With the majority of the NFL running three wide receiver sets, the Ravens' banged-up secondary could have more problems down the road.
Ravens tackle Alejandro Villanueva tries not to overreact to his successes any more than he does to his failures. But Lamar Jackson singled Villanueva out as a major reason why the Ravens upset the Kansas City Chiefs.
Maryland football wanted to do better at stopping the run and creating turnovers. The Terps have done so, and it's a major reason they are 3-0 for the first time since 2016.
Orioles pitching prospect Drew Rom knows what got former top prospects Zac Lowther and Alex Wells to the big leagues, and strives for it himself.
In the nine decades of modern Most Valuable Player voting, only one player who spent a full season on a 100-loss team has finished in the top five of his league’s final balloting. Mullins has the potential to end a 70-year drought.
The Baltimore Sun Store
- The Mustangs found momentum in the second half behind the running and passing of quarterback Carter Goscinski, who led the team to a 28-7 win in front of a packed house in Bel Air’s stadium .
- Cedric Mullins hit his 30th home run Friday night, a three-run blast off Texas Rangers starter Spencer Howard, making him the first player in Orioles history with a 30-30 season.
- The Catonsville football team might have lost its perfect record with a 34-7 defeat to visiting Parkville on Friday night, but the final score was not indicative as to how close the game was.
Most popular sports
Don't miss SPORTS
- Ravens left tackle Ronnie Stanley (ankle) and defensive end Derek Wolfe (back/hip) have been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Detroit Lions, while eight Ravens are listed as questionable to play.
- Here's everything you need to know before the Orioles' home game Friday night against the Texas Rangers.
- The Ravens’ game against the Detroit Lions on Sunday will be a family reunion for first-year defensive backs coach D’Anton Lynn.
- Here’s how The Baltimore Sun sports staff views the outcome of Sunday afternoon’s Week 3 game between the Ravens and Detroit Lions at Ford Field.
- Even with their ever-present injury troubles, the Ravens are favored to take care of business against a Detroit Lions team that has struggled to put together a complete performance for first-year head coach Dan Campbell.
- With the majority of the NFL running three wide receiver sets, the Ravens' banged-up secondary could have more problems down the road.