Historic Glyndon merchants to host anniversary celebration
Several merchants from Historic Glyndon will host an Anniversary & Community Appreciation Celebration from Friday, Sept. 16 through Sunday, Sept. 18.
Tickled Pink and The Boxwood Collection are celebrating eight years, while Black Eyed Susan is commemorating six years in business in Glyndon.
As part of the celebration, guests are invited to stop by Black Eyed Susan, The Boxwood Collection, Tickled Pink, and The Wine Post from 5 to 7 p.m. Sept. 16 for a sample of Prosecco — a wine originally from a small seaport village in the province of Trieste, Italy. Guests who purchase a bottle of Prosecco at The Wine Post will receive a 10 percent discount on Sept. 16. The Prosecco will be paired with fresh fruit courtesy of Santoni's Market Place & Catering.
Additionally, the first 400 customers at 10 a.m. Sept. 16 at Black Eyed Susan, Eminence Dance Studio, The Boxwood Collection, Tickled Pink, and The Wine Post will receive a gift box from each store filled with a complimentary gift and store coupons. Each person who receives a gift box will also have the chance to enter to win one of two Shop Glyndon Gift Boxes valued at more than $250, and featuring wine, merchandise and gift cards from participating stores including Black Eyed Susan, The Boxwood Collection, Santoni's Market Place & Catering, Tickled Pink, and The Wine Post. Guests can complete the entry slip and leave it at any participating store. The drawing will be held on Saturday, Sept. 17 at 9 p.m.
Participating stores will also be offering in-store events, trunk shows, sales and specials throughout the weekend. Black Eyed Susan will host a Kombucha fermented Tea Tasting & Sale from 1 to 3 p.m. Sept. 16; The Boxwood Collection will hold a Polish Pottery Trunk Show from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 17; and Black Eyed Susan will host a Baltimore Barbecue Sauce Tastign and Sale from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sept. 17.
All participating shops are located on Butler Road and Railroad Avenue in Historic Glyndon. For more information, contact participating stores.
CCBC, Owings Mills campus, offering fall courses for seniors
The following courses for seniors will be offered at Community College of Baltimore County, Owings Mills Campus, at 10300 Grand Central Avenue during the fall. For information and to register, call 443-840-4477.
• Course No. 33125: Introduction to Digital Photography. Offered 1 to 3 p.m. Mondays from Oct. 3 through 31. Cost:$49.
• Course No. 33205: Social Media: Facebook and Skype. Offered 1 to 3 p.m. Thursdays from Oct. 6 through Nov. 3. Cost: $49.
• Course No. 30968: Using Microsoft Publisher. Offered 10 a.m. to noon Fridays from Oct. 7 through Nov. 18. Cost: $59.
• Course No. 33209: 1960s as History. Offered 10 to 11:30 a.m. Thursdays from Oct. 6 through Dec. 15. Cost: $59.
• Course No. 33140: History and Theology of Prayer. Offered 9:30 to 11 a.m. Tuesdays from Oct. 11 through Dec. 13. Cost: $59.
• Course No. 33247: Casino Games for Seniors. Offered 10 to 11:30 a.m. Fridays from Oct. 14 through Nov. 18. Cost: $49.
• Course No. 33196: Sex and Religion in the Supreme Court. Offered 10 to 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays from Nov. 1 through 22. Cost: $59.
• Course No. 30800: Televisions Westerns 1970-1985. Offered 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. Wednesdays from Oct. 5 through Dec. 21. Cost: $59.
• Course No. 33138: Women's Changing Roles & Influence In the Last 100 Years. Offered 1:30 to 3 p.m. Mondays from Oct. 17 through Dec. 5. Cost: $59.
• Course No. 30802: Writing Circle. Offered 10 to 11:30 a.m. Thursdays from Oct. 6 through Nov. 10. Cost: $59.
Lunch & Learns: One-time sessions that include lunch at a nearby restaurant
• Course No. 33248: Crime that Impacts You. Offered 10:30 a.m. to noon Thursday, Oct. 27. Cost: $59.
• Course No. 33261: 2016 Presidential Campaign. Offered 10 a.m. to noon Monday, Nov. 14. Cost: $59.
• Course No. 33249: Celebrating & Recognizing Excellence with Debbie Phelps. Offered 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday, Dec. 7. Cost: $59.