1887 slave's grave

Betsy Welsh and Mickey Evans, members of the St. Philip's Episcopal Church cemetery committee, point out memorial bricks on a newer pathway in the historic cemetery. Welsh, Evans, and others researched a story behind a former slave's grave site located at the church dating back to 1887. Members recently placed a new marker at her grave site, as the original was very weathered and hard to read.

Nate Pesce / Baltimore Sun Media Group
Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad
30°