Chimney fire causes $35,000 in damage to Pasadena home

A chimney fire Tuesday evening caused an estimated $35,000 in damage to a Pasadena home.

When Anne Arundel firefighters responded to the 2400 block of 230th Street at 6:15 p.m., they found flames coming from the roof of the two-story home.

It took 30 firefighters 15 minutes to bring the blaze under control, fire officials said.

The fire started in the fireplace and chimney, then extended into the attic. Investigators said the cause of the fire was accidental.

It was unclear Wednesday morning whether residents of the home had been displaced.

http://www.twitter.com/BenW_TheCapital

Copyright © 2021, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad
72°