Some might say it was a year to be thankful, such as thankful there wasn't much George Zimmerman news. Oh, he was in the news, but didn't have the majority of the page views in 2015.
Instead there was a grab bag of weird news, popular travel items, viral content, a bad thing happening at Disney, a tropical storm, an animal attack and more.
Every year, for instance, one of the top stories of the year comes from the thousands of people around the world who want to know more about Orlando's beach. OK, so we don't have a beach exactly, but when you type in "Orlando Beaches" into Google, what you get is one of our stories about the closest beaches to Orlando.
Sometimes, social media or inbound traffic from another website will drive traffic to a particular story, like Reddit.com or Fark.com.
2015 was no different, with a mix of stories that did well not only with local viewers, but hit a nerve with the rest of the world.
Here's the top 20 headlines in terms of page views to OrlandoSentinel.com. Click on the headlines to read more on each story.
1. Human feces found in closet where couple spent 2 days (read more)
2. Principal caught in car with shirt unbuttoned, smoking marijuana with student, police say (read more)
3. 5 closest beaches to Orlando (read more)
4. Teen goes to see girlfriend — is met by stepfather and shotguns (read more)
5. Universal roller coaster accident a hoax, contains malware (read more)
6. David and Jackie Siegel's daughter dead at 18 in Windermere (read more)
7. Florida candidate for U.S. Senate admits to sacrificing goat, drinking its blood (read more)
8. Pit bull puppy weighed down in deep water at Florida beach (read more)
9. Wife found out husband married another woman at church (read more)
10. Tropical Storm Erika's projected path shifts west along Florida's Gulf Coast (read more)
11. 'Dancing': Bindi Irwin's run gets odd (read more)
12. College football bowl projections (read more)
13. Baby Penelope to stay in foster care for now (read more)
14. Bianchi: ESPN, Oregon owe FSU an apology (read more)
15. Woman loses arm in alligator attack in Wekiva River (read more)
16. Passenger dies in sports car at Richard Petty driving attraction at Walt Disney World Speedway (read more)
17. Cops: Mom left 5 kids with no electricity, little food (read more)
18. Police release details about YouTube video showing fistfight at Publix (read more)
19. Central Florida's Top 10 Springs (read more)
20. Mom tried to shield girl in fatal DUI crash, cops say (read more)