2. Not enough snow for you, how about "Fargo," the FX series with Billy Bob Thornton in Season 1 and Kirsten Dunst in Season 2? And why not go totally nuts and get the movie, with Frances McDormand, which is even better? McDormand, one of our best actors, was just remarkable in this. Guess that's why she won a Oscar. And everybody in the film sounded like the people I grew up with in Wisconsin. Yeah, hey.
3. With the premiere last week on Showtime of "Billions," a series about billionaires (Damian Lewis) and elected officials (Paul Giamatti) behaving badly, why not consider a Damian Lewis film festival? Take your pick: HBO's "Band of Brothers," Showtime's "Homeland" and "Forsyte Saga" on PBS. Any one of the three is a TV feast.
4. And then, after you've seen how terrific Paul Giamatti is in "Billions," you'll want to see him in the PBS mini-series "John Adams." And why not the film "Sideways"?
5. "Orphan Black." If you haven't seen this BBC series with Tatiana Maslany, you are in for a treat. Once you buy in, it's bye-bye snow. Three seasons. Season 4 starts in April.
6. "Doc Martin." If an escape to a a seaside village in Cornwall sounds nice right about now, then "Doc Martin" is the series for you. You can find all seven seasons at Acorn.TV, plus the two movies that preceded it. And if that isn't enough Martin Clunes for you, check him out in the Brit original "Men Behaving Badly."