Bromo Seltzer Tower

Erected in 1911, this 289-foot tower was once headquarters for the Emerson Drug Co., manufacturers of the antacid Bromo Seltzer (for decades marketed in blue bottles, which explains why a giant blue bottle sat atop the tower until 1936). Although Bromo Seltzer left Baltimore long ago, the distinctive tower remains (is there a skinnier office building anywhere?), now used as an artists' space. (Pictured: A postcard of the Bromo Seltzer Tower building, postmarked July 23, 1915)
Baltimore Sun file photo
Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad
50°