Harford Creamery Road bridge to be replaced

The Harford Creamery Road bridge over Little Deer Creek in White Hall is to be replaced this year, and the construction project will result in the roadway being closed to through traffic for about five months, according to the Harford County Department of Public Works, Division of Highways and Water Resources.

An exact date for construction to begin will be announced about two weeks in advance, according to the county. Detour routes will be marked prior to the start of construction.

The existing bridge is deteriorated and will be removed entirely. The new span is to be 41.5 feet long by 28.5 feet wide and will carry two 10-foot traffic lanes and two three-foot shoulders for a total clear roadway width of 26 feet. The superstructure will feature crash-tested metal railings and a reinforced concrete deck supported by precast prestressed concrete beams. The substructure is to consist of reinforced concrete abutments set on piles.

The approach roadway work will extend approximately 265 feet from the north end of the bridge, and 460 feet on the south end. In addition, this project includes installation of crash-tested traffic barriers, construction of a 460-foot long swale for storm water management, and restoration of approximately 50 feet of stream bank.

Those with questions may call Julio M. Espinoza of the division of highways at 410-638 3509, extension 1283, or contact him by email at jmespinoza@harfordcountymd.gov.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad