Don’t miss Trey Mancini and Joey Rickard guest bartend at the first Brews & O’s event June 10th. Get your tickets today!

Manchester garage fire caused by spontaneous rag combustion, per fire marshal

Jon Kelvey
Contact ReporterCarroll County Times

Spontaneous combustion of oily rags has been preliminarily determined to be the cause of a garage fire in Manchester on Thursday afternoon, according to the Office of the State Fire Marshal.

The call for a fire on the 4900 block of Graves Run Road came in around 12:49 p.m. Thursday, according to a fire marshal’s media release.

It took 40 firefighters from the responding Lineboro volunteer fire company 30 minutes to get the fire under control, according to the release.

The blaze did an estimated $5,000 in damage to the contents, and $25,000 to the structure, described as a detached, two-story, wooden-framed garage, with an upstairs apartment, according to the release. No one was injured.

The fire apparently originated in a bag of oily rags along the front, exterior wall, according to the release.


Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad