Cosmic Cocktail in 2 weeks: Get your ticket today before they sell out.

Glen Burnie fire blamed on unattended pot

A pot of food left cooking on a stove when no one was home was blamed for a small fire in Glen Burnie Wednesday night, Anne Arundel County Fire Department officials said.

A neighbor spotted flames in a kitchen in the 7900 block of Parke West Drive around 9:48 p.m. and called 911, Battalion Chief Steve Thompson said.

Firefighters arrived to see smoke coming from the roof, he said. The blaze was under control at 10:14 p.m. No one was injured. The room and its contents were damaged, Thompson said.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad
55°