Carbon monoxide leak sends 13 to hospital in Severn

Anne Arundel County Fire officials say they took 13 people to the hospital after a carbon monoxide leak in a Severn home Wednesday.

County Fire spokesman Erik Kornmeyer said firefighters responded to the 1500 block of Ringe Road for a leak in a single-family home.

One adult was taken to the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore with symptoms related to carbon monoxide exposure.

A Medical Ambulance Bus was used to transport seven adults and six children to University Hospital in Baltimore for evaluations, Kornmeyer said.

The other 12 did not show symptoms of carbon monoxide exposure, but were taken to the hospital for evaluation.

Copyright © 2018, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad
43°