Turkey fryer sparks fire in Maryland City

Anne Arundel County fire officials said Thanksgiving morning that a turkey fryer caught on fire on a deck in Maryland City.

The incident occurred in the 8100 block of Pennington Drive, and officials tweeted about it at 10 a.m. The fire was already out when rescuers arrived.

The department warned that using turkey fryers can be risky, and shared an online list of tips on how to safely use one.

So far this Thanksgiving, the department has also responded to two fires which were contained to ovens, and only required smoke removal, spokesman Capt. Russ Davies said.

Copyright © 2018, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad
28°