Man arrested in double shooting at E. Baltimore nail salon

A man was arrested and charged in a double shooting in an East Baltimore nail salon Monday that left a 34-year-old woman dead and a 26-year-old man in critical condition.

Tremaine Washington, 26, whose last known address was in the unit block of Fulton Ave., faces 11 charges, including first- and second-degree murder, attempted murder and assault, police said.


The victim has not been identified pending next-of-kin notification, police said.

The woman was shot in the head and man was shot in the leg, back and stomach at T & T Nails in the 2300 block of E. Monument St. around 4:40 p.m. Monday, police said. Both were taken to area hospitals, where the woman died. His injuries were critical but not life-threatening, police said.


Witnesses grabbed and pinned down the suspect, a man in his late 20s, until officers arrived and arrested him, police said. Lt. Col. Keith Matthews, who oversees operations in East and Northeast Baltimore, said that the shooting was not domestic and that it followed an argument outside the salon.

The shooting followed two others Monday and three homicides that happened Saturday.

Around 11:15 a.m. Monday, police said a man walked into a city hospital with a gunshot wound to his thigh. The location of the incident was not immediately known. Then around 2 p.m., police said a man was shot in the leg in the 3900 block of Greenmount Ave. in North Baltimore.

Police said that detectives had not yet been able to reach the next of kin of a man killed early Saturday in the middle of downtown — at Charles and Baltimore streets.

Officers had been called to the scene at around 1:30 a.m. by witnesses at a bus stop, who called 911 after the victim stumbled over seeking aid for a stab wound to the neck that was bleeding profusely. He was taken to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 2 a.m.

Kirby Fowler, the president of the Downtown Partnership, told The Sun that the victim was from Baltimore County, but additional details have not surfaced.

Police also identified the 23-year-old man who was killed Saturday night in the 1300 block of W. Lafayette St. Alfonso Jerrel Williams was in front of a home in the block, where he lived, at about 11:45 p.m. when a gunman wearing a gray hooded jacket and jeans opened fire. Williams, who court records show did not have a criminal record, died at an area hospital just before midnight.

In a third case, police said Larry Walter Henderson, 30, of the 3800 block of Evergreen Ave., was fatally shot around 6 p.m. in the 2500 block of Huron St.


For the year, homicides are down about 17 percent compared to the same time last year while non-fatal shootings were also down by a similar margin.

Anyone with information about the murders was asked to call homicide detectives at 410-396-2100.