Use Code BALT69 for a $69 Ticket to One Day University on July 9

Rams Head president 'embarrassed and humiliated' by peeping Tom charges

Rams Head president "embarrassed and humiliated" by peeping Tom charges.

The president of the Rams Head Group said he is "embarrassed and humiliated" by charges that he secretly videotaped women in the bathroom of his company's Savage restaurant.

In a statement Thursday, Kyle Muehlhauser, 37, said he would assume an "administrator-oriented role versus an on-site operating role within the company" while his case makes its way through court so that he doesn't cause a distraction for the business.

"I am very respectful of the 25-year Rams Head tradition and am sickened this incident has caused pain for others," he said.

Muehlhauser's company operates the concert venues Rams Head on Stage in Annapolis, Rams Head Center Stage at Maryland Live casino in Hanover and Rams Head Live in Baltimore, as well as restaurants in Savage, Crownsville and Stevensville.

Muehlhauser turned himself in and was charged in Howard County last week with six counts of visual surveillance with prurient intent. On Tuesday, prosecutors added six counts of peeping Tom violations for the same alleged incidents. All the counts are misdemeanors. He has court dates scheduled for April 9 and April 23.

"While I realize there will be a time to tell my story through the proper judicial channels, I am nonetheless embarrassed and humiliated by the recent events," he said. "The best thing for me now is to focus on myself and my family."

Police began an investigation after a camera fell onto the floor next to a woman in the bathroom of the Rams Head Tavern in Savage. Police found videos of six women in the camera, though none of them are identifiable.

When a detective reviewed the footage, a man later identified as Muehlhauser could be seen mounting the camera, which was pointed toward a toilet, according to police.

An attorney for Muehlhauser could not be reached Thursday evening.

In the statement, Muehlhauser said he cooperated with investigators, turned over property from his home and instructed his staff to be transparent once police started their investigation in May. He said he was "devastated" last week when he learned that charges would be filed against him.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad