Baltimore firefighters found the body of an adult woman Wednesday after putting out a fire in the basement of a vacant home in Brooklyn.

Baltimore police said Friday they have arrested and charged a 28-year-old Glen Burnie woman with the killing of Tiffany Jones, who was abducted this week in South Baltimore. Her body was found a day later in a burned vacant housing unit.

Police said they charged Bobie Barncord, 28, of Glen Burnie, with first-degree murder, conspiracy to commit first-degree murder, kidnapping, false imprisonment, arson and reckless endangerment.


Police said the investigation is continuing.

Charging documents allege that Barncord and a male — who police said has the nicknamed “Philly” — killed Jones, 29, “through trauma and by setting her body on fire.” No motive is contained in the charging documents.

Baltimore police said Friday that Willard Turner-Williams, 35, of Baltimore is "wanted in connection of the murder and abduction of Tiffany Jones."
Baltimore police said Friday that Willard Turner-Williams, 35, of Baltimore is "wanted in connection of the murder and abduction of Tiffany Jones." (Baltimore Police photo)

Late Friday, police released a photo of Willard Turner-Williams, 35, of Baltimore, who they said was wanted in connection with the case, and asked that anyone with knowledge of his whereabouts to call 911. Police did not indicate Turner-Williams’ connection to the case.

Jones, a Brooklyn resident and a mother of two, was abducted Tuesday afternoon in the 3600 block of Potee Street, according to police.

The man grabbed Jones and placed a knife against her throat before forcing her into a truck. Police allege that Barncord drove the vehicle.

Firefighters on Wednesday found Jones’ body in the basement of a vacant South Baltimore home, after firefighters put out a blaze in the 3400 block of 7th Street in the Brooklyn area.

Jones’ body was found with her “arms bound behind her back and her legs bound together,” according to the charging documents.

“Ms. Barncord confessed to assisting with the abduction of Tiffany Jones by driving the Chevy pickup truck [and] by setting Ms. Jones on fire while inside the vacant dwelling,” police said in charging documents.

Barncord did not have an attorney listed in online court documents.

Abducted woman's body found in burned vacant home in South Baltimore

The woman’s cause of death is under investigation and will be determined by the state’s medical examiner’s office, Skinner said.

Jones worked at Berger’s Bakery in Lexington Market decorating cakes.

More than a dozen family members, friends and Brooklyn neighbors gathered outside the home where her body was found Wednesday. They recalled Jones as kind and likable.

“Tiffany was the very first person to watch my newborn,” said Ashley Connelly, Jones’ friend and former roommate. “She was the only person I trusted with my children.”

Jones was proud of her Native American heritage and involved with the Baltimore American Indian Center, Connelly said.

“She was a likable person,” Connelly said. “I don’t know anybody that didn’t like her.”


“It’s really a tragedy,” said Evelyn Jones, another friend. She called Jones a “really sweet young lady.”

Baltimore Sun reporter Sarah Meehan contributed to this article.