A frantic 911 call and a lie: Did Baltimore’s ‘Wheelie Queen’ stab her girlfriend, or was the fatal wound self-inflicted?

Between 3 a.m. and 4 a.m. on New Year’s Day of 2021, Baltimore 911 operators received a frantic call pleading for an ambulance to be sent to the 1200 block of North Stricker Street.

“C’mon, stay with me Tiff,” Lakeyria Doughty said to her girlfriend, Tiffany Wilson. Doughty told the operator she was conducting CPR. “She got a stab wound.”


The 911 operator explained chest compressions would do little for somebody who was still breathing. He told Doughty to remain calm, and pressed for more information. He asked which part of Wilson’s body had been stabbed, according to a recording of the call played during Doughty’s murder trial Wednesday.

Doughty said she didn’t know, and that she had come into the West Baltimore apartment and found Wilson on the ground with a knife in hand. The operator asked whether Wilson stabbed herself, and Doughty responded with more information.


“I don’t know. She was drunk. We had an argument,” she said, becoming hysterical.

Assistant State’s Attorney Shaundria Hanna said that explanation wasn’t totally true, highlighting it in opening arguments for the state’s case against Doughty, better known as the “Wheelie Queen.”

The 28-year-old actress and dirt biker earned that nickname as a female pioneer in Baltimore’s male-dominated 12 O’Clock Boys crew. Her motorbike skills led her to be featured in the HBO movie “Charm City Kings.” She is charged with first-degree murder and carrying a deadly weapon with the intent to injure in the death of Wilson, a 33-year-old chef.

A jury was selected late Tuesday afternoon to decide her case. Her attorney and the prosecutor gave opening statements Wednesday morning before the testimony of several state witnesses, including the police officer first on the scene, a medical examiner and Wilson’s mother, who was with her the morning she was killed.

Defense attorney Andrea Jaskulsky conceded her client lied to police, but she said police and prosecutors were determined to blame Doughty for Wilson’s killing and neglected to see another possibility: Wilson attacked Doughty during a heated argument about their relationship and accidentally stabbed herself during a violent scuffle.

Wilson had been at her mother’s house for a New Year’s Eve party and Tonya Douglass testified that her daughter seemed happy but was on her phone a lot and grew angry as the night went on. Wilson left around 3 a.m. Douglass said she sent a nephew to follow her daughter because she was intoxicated.

Text messages between Wilson and Doughty are expected to be presented through the testimony of Baltimore homicide detective Frank Miller.

Jaskulsky said in her opening statement that Doughty was out with friends for New Year’s Eve, including an ex-girlfriend, which enraged Wilson. She told the jury text messages would show Wilson demanded Doughty’s key to her apartment back, and that Doughty went to Wilson’s apartment to pick up her belongings, not knowing Wilson was there.


“Ms. Wilson was so upset — she was going into a rage,” Jaskulsky told the jury. “You’re going to see Ms. Wilson attacked Lakeyria.”

Police and prosecutors previously said Wilson had been breaking up with Doughty, and that Doughty stabbed her during a dispute.

In her opening statement, Hanna told the jury to focus on Doughty’s changing story. She previewed an interaction that would play out on the first responding officer’s body-worn camera, where Doughty told the officer she found Wilson on the kitchen floor holding a butcher’s knife.

“She just found Tiffany that way, lying on the kitchen floor, blood everywhere, knife in hand,” said Hanna, telling jurors to be skeptical about the emotions Doughty displayed. “Is this really an emotional response, or is she putting on or fabricating a story for detectives?”

Dr. Richard Morris, of the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Baltimore, conducted an autopsy. He found that Wilson died from a stab wound to the left side of her chest, and that her death was a homicide. Morris testified Wilson died quickly because of the more than 4-inch-deep stab wound, which damaged her heart and left lung and filled her chest cavity with blood.

Breaking News Alerts

Breaking News Alerts

As it happens

Be informed of breaking news as it happens and notified about other don't-miss content with our free news alerts.

He noted a wound on Wilson’s left hand and a blunt-force trauma injury to her mouth. Furthermore, tissues in her face showed signs they were depleted of oxygen.


During questioning from Hanna and Jaskulsky, Morris said the hand injury could’ve been a defensive wound or accidentally cutting herself. He said the injury to her lip could have been caused by a blow to the face or by face-planting on the floor. The oxygen-depleted tissues might have been a sign of strangulation, he said, or possibly the result of CPR.

Morris said he came to his conclusions based on his autopsy, photos of the crime scene and information he got from police.

Detective Avraham Shugarman, then a patrol officer in the department’s Western District, was the first officer to arrive at the scene. His body camera captured a chaotic scene inside the Sandtown-Winchester apartment.

Doughty let Shugarman in when he knocked, and then sprinted up the stairs. Wilson’s body was on the kitchen floor covered by a blanket. Shugarman testified there was a lot of blood and furniture was moved around. In charging documents, detectives cited the furniture as evidence of a struggle.

Shugarman ran for his medical kit.

“No! No! Noooo,” Doughty yelled. “Tiffany is gone.”