Cosmic Cocktail in 2 weeks: Get your ticket today before they sell out.

Good morning, Baltimore: Need to know for Thursday


The National Weather Service is calling for Thursday to be mostly cloudy, with a high near 82 and a 40 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. Thursday night is expected to be cloudy, with a 60 percent chance of precipitation.


Check our traffic updates for this morning's issues as you plan your commute.


NFL, NFL Referees Association reach eight-year deal: The mistake-prone replacement officials can go back where they came from. The NFL referee lockout has been lifted, with a new agreement reached in time for the Ravens' Thursday night game.

Boy, 4, and mother injured in double shooting in North Baltimore: A 4-year-old boy and his 33-year-old mother were shot in the city's Better Waverly neighborhood during what police believe was a domestic dispute late Wednesday.

Twitter user issues apology to Torrey Smith: The Baltimore-based Patriots fan who caught major heat after firing off an insensitive tweet to Ravens wide receiver Torrey Smith has issued a formal apology.

Orioles match team record with 7 homers in 12-2 win: The Orioles salvaged a split of a four-game series with the Blue Jays with flair, scoring all 12 of their runs on seven homers and tying a franchise record.


Gang leader pleads guilty after promising to defy government: A co-founder of the Dead Man Incorporated prison gang pleaded guilty Wednesday to his role in the group's murder-for-hire and drug-dealing conspiracy — even as he promised followers that he would continue to defy the government.

Prostitution sting in Jessup nets 23 arrests: Targeting human trafficking, federal agents participated in a joint operation with local law enforcement that led to the arrest of 23 men alleged to have solicited sex from undercover officers along U.S. 1 in Jessup.

Casino companies now playing for big stakes: The money spent by Penn National Gaming and MGM Resorts International on their ad campaigns is pocket change compared with the billions at stake depending on the outcome of the Maryland gambling referendum.

Army pauses operations for mandatory suicide training: With the Army on pace to reach its highest-ever suicide rate, the military branch has launched an initiative that will temporarily halt operations to focus on suicide prevention.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad