The list for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award for the nation's top college senior quarterback has been narrowed to five.
The remaining candidates for the 2010 Golden Arm Award are:
• Andy Dalton, TCU, who has led the Horned Frogs to an 11-0 record, passing for 23 touchdowns and amassing nearly 2,500 yards while compiling a QB efficiency rating of 163.9;
• Colin Kaepernick, Nevada, who has completed 166 of 247 passes for 17 TDs and a 67.2 completion percentage;
• Christian Ponder, Florida State, who has 16 touchdowns and 1,647 yards in just nine games for the Seminoles;
• Ricky Stanzi, Iowa, who has posted an 18-4 record as a starting quarterback over past two seasons and ranks sixth in Hawkeye history in career passing yards (4,373) and passing TDs (31);
• Scott Tolzien, Wisconsin, who holds school records for career completion percentage at .675 and career QB efficiency rating of 150.0 and ranks sixth all-time at Wisconsin with 28 career passing touchdowns, 4,681 passing yards, and 369 career completions.
The award will be given Dec. 10 at the Tremont Grand Meeting and Banquet Facility in Downtown Baltimore